Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Famotidine USP 10 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages.
Allergy alert Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 15 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read the directions and warnings before use
- TAMPER-EVIDENT: Do not use this product if carton has been opened, if blister backing appears to have been disturbed, or if individual blister units are broken or torn.
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from moisture
colloidal silicon dioxide, FD & C Red #40 aluminum lake, FD & C Yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, talc, titanium dioxide
call 1-888-838-2872, weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time