ROBITUSSIN NIGHT TIME COUGH AND COLD- diphenhydramine hcl, phenylephrine hcl liquid
Richmond Division of Wyeth
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (IN EACH 5 ML TSP)
Diphenhydramine HCl , USP 6.25 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold, hay fever, or other upper respiratory allergies:
- nasal congestion
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or a chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
|adults and children 12 years and over
||4 teaspoons every 4 hours
|children under 12 years
||do not use
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosage cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, artificial flavors, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, menthol, polyethylene glycol, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
See New Dosing Information
Robitussin Night Time Cough & Cold
DIPHENHYDRAMINE HCl (Antihistamine/Cough Suppressant)
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl (Nasal Decongestant)
- Runny Nose
- Stuffy Nose
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
For Ages 12 & Over
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
Choosing the right product is important. Robitussin has different products for adults and for children.
Ages 12 & Over
Ages Under 12
Use as directed
DOSAGE CUP INCLUDED
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
Madison, NJ 07940 U.S.A.
For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
Packaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.