Label: LANSOPRAZOLE capsule, delayed release
- NDC Code(s): 0536-1236-13, 0536-1236-88
- Packager: Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
Updated November 17, 2020
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
- methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Other information
black iron oxide,colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C red #3, FD&C red #40, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, shellac, strong ammonia solution, sucrose, sugar spheres (corn starch and sucrose), talc, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide
- Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Prevacid® 24HR†
Capsules USP, 15 mg
Treats Frequent Heartburn
- May take 1 to 4 days for full effect
- Sodium free
Three 14-day Course of Treatment
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Prevacid®, or by GSK Consumer Healthcare, distributor of the Prevacid® 24HR product.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP OR BLACK BAND AROUND THE CENTER OF EACH CAPSULES IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON AND PACKAGE INSERT. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION
17177 N Laurel Park Drive, Suite 233
- Package Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0536-1236 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength LANSOPRAZOLE (UNII: 0K5C5T2QPG) (LANSOPRAZOLE - UNII:0K5C5T2QPG) LANSOPRAZOLE 15 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE (UNII: XM0M87F357) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 3 (UNII: PN2ZH5LOQY) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GELATIN (UNII: 2G86QN327L) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 9XZ8H6N6OH) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE, LOW SUBSTITUTED (UNII: 2165RE0K14) MAGNESIUM CARBONATE (UNII: 0E53J927NA) METHACRYLIC ACID AND ETHYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER (UNII: NX76LV5T8J) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) AMMONIA (UNII: 5138Q19F1X) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) FERRIC OXIDE YELLOW (UNII: EX438O2MRT) Product Characteristics Color PINK, GREEN Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 18mm Flavor Imprint Code MYL;LD15 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0536-1236-13 3 in 1 BOX 05/31/2019 1 14 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:0536-1236-88 1 in 1 BOX 05/31/2019 2 14 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA203187 05/31/2019 Labeler - Rugby Laboratories, Inc. (079246066)