Label: ZATEAN-PN DHA- levomefolic acid, folic acid, ascorbic acid, cholecalciferol, .alpha.-tocopherol, pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin, calcium carbonate, ferrous fumarate, magnesium oxide, and doconexent capsule
- NDC Code(s): 13811-580-30
- Packager: Trigen Laboratories, Inc.
- Category: DIETARY SUPPLEMENT
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Dietary Supplement
Updated April 10, 2013
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
Zatean™ - Pn DHA is a prescription prenatal/postnatal multivitamin/mineral softgel with an essential fatty acid. Zatean™ - Pn DHA are green, oblong softgels imprinted with "T580."
Servings per Bottle: 30
Serving Size: 1 Softgel Capsule
Each Softgel Capsule contains
%DV for Pregnant and
Folate (L-methylfolate, or 6(S)-5-MTHF-Ca 600 mcg) folic acid, USP 400 mcg) 1 mg 125% Vitamin C 85 mg 142% Vitamin D3 200 IU 50% Vitamin E 10 IU 33% Vitamin B6 25 mg 1000% Vitamin B12 12 mcg 150% Calcium (calcium carbonate) 140 mg 11% Iron (ferrous fumarate) 27 mg 150% Magnesium (magnesium oxide) 45 mg 10% Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 300 mg* †
Inactive Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, Soybean Oil, Purified Water, Yellow Beeswax, Lecithin, Natural Creamy Orange Flavor, Titanium Dioxide, TriPotassium Citrate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Vanillin, FD&C Yellow #5, and FD&C Blue #1Close
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Zatean™ - Pn DHA is indicated for the supplemental requirements of patients with nutritional deficiencies or are in need of nutritional supplementation.Close
This product is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients, including fish or fish oil.Close
Daily ingestion of more than 3 grams per day of omega-3 fatty acids (ALA, EPA, and DHA) from fish oils may have potential antithrombotic activities, or effects, and may increase bleeding times. Administration of omega-3 fatty acids - including DHA, should be avoided in patients with inherited or acquired bleeding diatheses, including those taking anticoagulants.
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS SOY AND FISH OIL.Close
Exercise caution to ensure that the prescribed dosage of DHA does not exceed 1 gram (1000 mg) per day.Close
Folates (including folic acid and reduced folates), when administered as a single agent in doses above 0.1 mg daily, may obscure the detection of B12 deficiency(specifically, the administration of folic acid may reverse the hematological manifestations of B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia, while not addressing the neurological manifestations). Reduced folates may be less likely than folic acid to mask vitamin B12 deficiency. Folate therapy alone is inadequate for the treatment of B12 deficiency.
- PATIENT INFORMATION
Zatean™ - Pn DHA is a prescription vitamin for use only under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician.Close
Pyridoxine hydrochloride should not be given to patients receiving the drug levodopa, because the action of levodopa is antagonized by pyridoxine hydrochloride. However, pyridoxine hydrochloride may be used concurrently in patients receiving a preparation containing both carbidopa and levodopa.
Drugs which may interact with folate include:
- Antiepileptic drugs (AED): The AED class including, but not limited to, phenytoin, carbamazepine, primidone, valproic acid, phenobarbital and lamotrigine have been shown to impair folate absorption and increase the metabolism of circulating folate. Additionally, concurrent use of folic acid has been associated with enhanced phenytoin metabolism, lowering the levels of this AED in the blood and allowing breakthrough seizures to occur.
- Capecitabine: Folinic acid (5-formyltetrahydrofolate) may increase the toxicity of Capecitabine.
- Cholestyramine: Reduces folic acid absorption and reduces serum folate levels.
- Colestipol: Reduces folic acid absorption and reduces serum folate levels.
- Cycloserine: Reduces folic acid absorption and reduces serum folate levels.
- Dihydrofolate Reductase Inhibitors (DHFRI): DHFRIs block the conversion of folic acid to its active forms, and lower plasma and red blood cell folate levels. DHFRIs include aminopterin, methotrexate, pyrimethamine, triamterene, and trimethoprim.
- Fluoxetine: Fluoxetine exerts a noncompetitive inhibition of the 5-methyltetrahydrofolate active transport in the intestine.
- Isotretinoin: Reduced folate levels have occurred in some patients taking isotretinoin.
- Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs): NSAIDs have been shown to inhibit some folate dependent enzymes in laboratory experiments. NSAIDs include ibuprofen, naproxen, indomethacin and sulindac.
- Oral Contraceptives: Serum folate levels may be depressed by oral contraceptive therapy.
- Methylprednisolone: Reduced serum folate levels have been noted after treatment with methylprednisolone.
- Pancreatic Enzymes: Reduced folate levels have occurred in some patients taking pancreatic extracts.
- Pentamidine: Reduced folate levels have been seen with prolonged intravenous pentamidine.
- Smoking and alcohol: Reduced serum folate levels have been noted.
- Sulfasalazine: Inhibits the absorption and metabolism of folic acid.
- Metformin treatment in patients with type 2 diabetes decreases serum folate.
- Warfarin can produce significant impairment in folate status after a 6 - month therapy.
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
Allergic sensitization has been reported following both oral and parenteral administration of folic acid, as well as possibly the use of other forms of folates, including reduced folates. Paresthesia, somnolence, nausea and headaches have been reported with pyridoxine hydrochloride. Mild transient diarrhea, polycythemia vera, itching, transitory exanthema and the feeling of swelling of the entire body have been associated with cyanocobalamin.Close
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Before, during, and or after pregnancy, one tablet daily or as prescribed by a physician.Close
- HOW SUPPLIED
Zatean™ - Pn DHA is dispensed in bottles of 30 softgels.
PRODUCT CODE 13811-580-30
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
All prescriptions using this product shall be pursuant to state statutes as applicable. This is not an Orange Book product. There are no implied or explicit claims on therapeutic equivalence.
TRIGEN Laboratories, Inc., Sayreville, NJ 08872
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 30 Softgel Bottle Label
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
levomefolic acid, folic acid, ascorbic acid, cholecalciferol, .alpha.-tocopherol, pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin, calcium carbonate, ferrous fumarate, magnesium oxide, and doconexent capsule
Product Information Product Type DIETARY SUPPLEMENT Item Code (Source) NHRIC:13811-580 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Levomefolic Acid (UNII: 8S95DH25XC) (LEVOMEFOLIC ACID - UNII:8S95DH25XC) Levomefolic Acid 600 ug Folic acid (UNII: 935E97BOY8) (FOLIC ACID - UNII:935E97BOY8) Folic acid 400 ug ASCORBIC ACID (UNII: PQ6CK8PD0R) (ASCORBIC ACID - UNII:PQ6CK8PD0R) ASCORBIC ACID 85 mg CHOLECALCIFEROL (UNII: 1C6V77QF41) (CHOLECALCIFEROL - UNII:1C6V77QF41) CHOLECALCIFEROL 200 [iU] .ALPHA.-TOCOPHEROL (UNII: H4N855PNZ1) (.ALPHA.-TOCOPHEROL - UNII:H4N855PNZ1) .ALPHA.-TOCOPHEROL 10 [iU] PYRIDOXINE (UNII: KV2JZ1BI6Z) (PYRIDOXINE - UNII:KV2JZ1BI6Z) PYRIDOXINE 25 mg CYANOCOBALAMIN (UNII: P6YC3EG204) (CYANOCOBALAMIN - UNII:P6YC3EG204) CYANOCOBALAMIN 12 ug calcium carbonate (UNII: H0G9379FGK) (CARBONATE ION - UNII:7UJQ5OPE7D) calcium carbonate 140 mg ferrous fumarate (UNII: R5L488RY0Q) (FERROUS CATION - UNII:GW89581OWR) FERROUS CATION 27 mg magnesium oxide (UNII: 3A3U0GI71G) (MAGNESIUM CATION - UNII:T6V3LHY838) magnesium oxide 45 mg Doconexent (UNII: ZAD9OKH9JC) (DOCONEXENT - UNII:ZAD9OKH9JC) Doconexent 300 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength gelatin (UNII: 2G86QN327L) glycerin (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) soybean oil (UNII: 241ATL177A) water (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) yellow wax (UNII: 2ZA36H0S2V) titanium dioxide (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) potassium citrate anhydrous (UNII: 86R1NVR0HW) citric acid monohydrate (UNII: 2968PHW8QP) ethyl vanillin (UNII: YC9ST449YJ) FD&C yellow no. 5 (UNII: I753WB2F1M) FD&C blue no. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NHRIC:13811-580-30 30 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date DIETARY SUPPLEMENT 04/01/2010 Supplement Facts Serving Size : Serving per Container : Amount Per Serving % Daily Value color scoring 1 shape size (solid drugs) 26 mm imprint flavor Labeler - Trigen Laboratories, Inc. (830479668)