Label: ROBITUSSIN MAXIMUM STRENGTH SEVERE MULTI-SYMPTOM 7 IN 1 RELIEF NIGHTTIME- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate capsule, liquid filled
- NDC Code(s): 0031-8744-10
- Packager: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated November 3, 2020
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each liquid-filled capsule)
- INDICATIONS & USAGE
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 capsules in any 24-hour period, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- do not take more than 8 capsules in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children 12 years and over
2 capsules every 6 hours
children under 12 years
do not use
- STORAGE AND HANDLING
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
7 in 1 Relief
ACETAMINOPHEN (Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer)
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE (Antihistamine)
- Cough, Sore Throat
- Body Aches, Fever
- Runny Nose, Sneezing
- Itchy Throat
For Ages 12 & Over
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ROBITUSSIN MAXIMUM STRENGTH SEVERE MULTI-SYMPTOM 7 IN 1 RELIEF NIGHTTIME
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate capsule, liquid filled
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0031-8744 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15 mg DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE (UNII: V9BI9B5YI2) (DOXYLAMINE - UNII:95QB77JKPL) DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 6.25 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) GELATIN, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 2G86QN327L) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) MINERAL OIL (UNII: T5L8T28FGP) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) Product Characteristics Color GREEN Score no score Shape OVAL Size 16mm Flavor Imprint Code R Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0031-8744-10 5 in 1 CARTON 07/01/2018 1 2 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part341 07/01/2015 Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (079944263)