Label: VICKS VAPORUB- camphor (synthetic), eucalyptus oil, and menthol ointment
- NDC Code(s): 37000-671-01
- Packager: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated September 4, 2019
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Active ingredients Purpose Camphor 4.7% Cough suppressant & topical analgesic Eucalyptus oil 1.2% Cough suppressant Menthol 2.6% Cough suppressant & topical analgesic
- on chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to common cold
- on muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
For external use only; avoid contact with eyes.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
When using this product, do not
- add to hot water or any container where heating water.
May cause splattering and result in burns.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- muscle aches and pains persist more than 7 days or come back
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
see important warnings under " When using this product"
- adults and children 2 years and over:
- rub a thick layer on chest & throat or rub on sore aching muscles
- cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
- keep clothing loose about throat/chest to help vapors reach the nose/mouth
- repeat up to three times per 24 hours or as directed by doctor
- children under 2 years: do not use
- Other information
- store at room temperature
- Inactive ingredients
cedarleaf oil, lemon fragrance, nutmeg oil, special petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oilClose
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Dist. by Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati OH 45202.Close
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 50 g Jar Carton
See Drug Facts
NET WT 1.76 OZ (50 g)
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
camphor (synthetic), eucalyptus oil, and menthol ointment
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:37000-671 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) (UNII: 5TJD82A1ET) (CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) - UNII:5TJD82A1ET) CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) 0.047 g in 1 g EUCALYPTUS OIL (UNII: 2R04ONI662) (EUCALYPTUS OIL - UNII:2R04ONI662) EUCALYPTUS OIL 0.012 g in 1 g MENTHOL (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) (MENTHOL - UNII:L7T10EIP3A) MENTHOL 0.026 g in 1 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CEDAR LEAF OIL (UNII: BJ169U4NLG) NUTMEG OIL (UNII: Z1CLM48948) THYMOL (UNII: 3J50XA376E) TURPENTINE OIL (UNII: C5H0QJ6V7F) Product Characteristics Color white Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:37000-671-01 1 in 1 CARTON 07/30/1993 1 50 g in 1 JAR; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 07/30/1993 Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)