ALKA-SELTZER PLUS DAY SEVERE COLD, COUGH AND FLU- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride powder
Bayer HealthCare LLC.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each packet)||Purposes
|Acetaminophen 650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 20 mg||Cough suppressant
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg||Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal and sinus congestion
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 5 packets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than the recommended dose
- take every 4 hours; do not exceed 5 packets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and over: dissolve contents of one packet in 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- children under 12 years: do not use
- if using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
each packet contains: potassium 5 mg and sodium 41 mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 17 mg Per Packet
- store at room temperature
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, maltodextrin, pregelatinized starch, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
Questions or comments?
1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com
Bayer HealthCare LLC
P.O. Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07962-1910
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 6 Packet Carton
Acetaminophen / Pain
Phenylephrine HCl / Nasal decongestant
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide /
Fast Relief Mix-In Packets
COLD, COUGH & FLU
Nasal Congestion • Cough
Headache + Body Ache • Sore Throat
Bayer HealthCare LLC.