Label: COUGH AND COLD XL3 XTRA- acetaminophen chlorpheniramine maleate dextromethorphan hydrobromide phenylepherine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
- NDC Code(s): 63654-800-06, 63654-800-12, 63654-800-20
- Packager: Selder, S.A. de C.V.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 31, 2018
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each capsule)
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg
Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mgClose
Pain reliever/fever reducer
temporarily relieves: • muscular aches and pains • headache • temporarily reduces fever • runny nose • sneezing • itching of the nose or throat • itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies • pressure • nasal congestion • cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritantsClose
Liver warning This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take • more than 12 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount • with other drugs containing acetaminophen • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening • blisters • rash
if a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Close
- Do not use
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. • for more than 10 days for pain unless directed by a doctor • for more than 3 days for fever unless directed by a doctor •if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product • for persistent or chronic cough such as occurs when smoking, asthma, or emphysema, or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus) unless directed by a doctor • if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, without first consulting your doctor.Close
- Ask a doctor before use if you have
• liver disease • a breathing problem such as emphysema • glaucoma • heart disease • high blood pressure • thyroid disease • diabetes • difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate glandClose
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you
• are taking the blood thinning drug warfarinClose
- When using this product
• excitability may occur, especially in children • may cause drowsiness •alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness effect • use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery • avoid alcohlic beveragesClose
- Stop use and aska doctor
• symptoms do not improve • pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days • redness or swelling is present • new symptoms occur •cough comes back or occurs with a rash or a headache tha lasts. These could be the signs of a serious condition • nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur • fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days.Close
- Keep out of reach of children
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptomsClose
• Do not use more than directed (see overdose warning) •do not take this product form more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor • Adults and children 12 years of age and over • take 2 capsule every 4 hours. • Do not take more than 12 capsules in 24 hours Children under 12 years of age • Do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdoes) may cause liver damage. Do not exceed recommended dosageClose
- Other information
Store at room temperature to 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF) • do not use if package is torn or damagedClose
- Inactive ingredients
D&C red no. 33, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol 600, polyethylene glycol 1000, povidone, propylene glycol, purified waterClose
- Questions and Comments?
You may report any side effects to 1-855-259-1590 Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM ESTClose
- Package Label
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
COUGH AND COLD XL3 XTRA
acetaminophen chlorpheniramine maleate dextromethorphan hydrobromide phenylepherine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:63654-800 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength D&C RED NO. 33 (UNII: 9DBA0SBB0L) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) GELATIN (UNII: 2G86QN327L) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 600 (UNII: NL4J9F21N9) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 1000 (UNII: U076Q6Q621) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Product Characteristics Color blue (Sky Blue) Score no score Shape CAPSULE (Soft liquid filled capsule) Size 10mm Flavor Imprint Code Xtra Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:63654-800-20 20 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 11/15/2011 10/15/2018 2 NDC:63654-800-12 12 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 08/22/2014 3 NDC:63654-800-06 6 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 10/15/2018 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 11/15/2011 Labeler - Selder, S.A. de C.V. (824413629) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Selgel México, S.A. de C.V. 812296782 manufacture(63654-800) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Progela, S.A. de C.V. 812374932 manufacture(63654-800)