Label: TUSSIN SEVERE MULTI SYMPTOM COUGH COLD PLUS FLU CF MAX- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl solution
- NDC Code(s): 11822-0086-1
- Packager: Rite Aid Corporation
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 2, 2019
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold or flu:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- When using this product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding,
- Keep out of reach of children.
- do not take more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children
12 years and over
20 mL every 4 hours
children under 12 years
do not use
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredients of Robitussin® Maximum Strength Severe Multi-Symptom Cough Cold + Flu CF Max
tussin severe multi-symptom cough cold + flu CF MAX
acetaminophen, USP 650 mg
dextromethorphan HBr, USP 20 mg
guaifenesin, USP 400 mg
phenylephrine HCl, USP 10 mg
pain reliever/fever reducer
cough, sore throat
body aches, fever
for ages 12 & over
8 FL OZ (237 mL)
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
TUSSIN SEVERE MULTI SYMPTOM COUGH COLD PLUS FLU CF MAX
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:11822-0086 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 650 mg in 20 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20 mg in 20 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 400 mg in 20 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 mg in 20 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) BENZYL ALCOHOL (UNII: LKG8494WBH) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) TRIACETIN (UNII: XHX3C3X673) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) Product Characteristics Color RED Score Shape Size Flavor BERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:11822-0086-1 1 in 1 CARTON 09/22/2017 1 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 09/22/2017 Labeler - Rite Aid Corporation (014578892)