Label: HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH- acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
- NDC Code(s): 49738-247-10, 49738-247-50
- Packager: SMART SENSE (Kmart)
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated August 8, 2019
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis. or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- taking any other drug or are under a doctor's care for any serious condition.
Stop use and ask doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better.
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- any new symptoms appear
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- painful area is red ir swollen
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredients of Excedrin® Extra Strength Caplets†
Acetaminophen, Aspirin (NSAID)* and Caffeine
Pain Reliever/Pain Reliever Aid
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Excedrin® Extra Strength Caplets.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
Distributed by: Kmart Corporation
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
- Package Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH
acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:49738-247 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 250 mg CAFFEINE (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (CAFFEINE - UNII:3G6A5W338E) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) MINERAL OIL (UNII: T5L8T28FGP) POLYDEXTROSE (UNII: VH2XOU12IE) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A CORN (UNII: AG9B65PV6B) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) C10-18 TRIGLYCERIDES (UNII: 43AGM4PHPI) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 17mm Flavor Imprint Code 2793;TCL370 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:49738-247-50 1 in 1 BOX 12/31/2014 12/31/2020 1 50 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:49738-247-10 1 in 1 BOX 12/31/2014 12/31/2020 2 100 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 12/31/2014 12/31/2020 Labeler - SMART SENSE (Kmart) (008965873)