Label: REGULAR STRENGTH ENTERIC COATED ASPIRIN- aspirin tablet, coated
57896-921-25, view more57896-921-50
- Packager: Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 25, 2021
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Reye's Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have: -high blood pressure -heart disease -liver cirrhosis -kidney disease -asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- taking a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout or arthritis
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding: -feel faint -vomit blood -have bloody or black stools -have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- any new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
- Other information
black iron oxide, cellulose, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 lake, FD&C yellow #6 lake, hypromellose, polydextrose,
polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, propylene glycol, shellac wax, silicon dioxide, simethicone, sodium alginate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate.
- Questions or comments?
- package label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
REGULAR STRENGTH ENTERIC COATED ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet, coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:57896-921 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 325 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE (UNII: XM0M87F357) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) POLYVINYL ACETATE PHTHALATE (UNII: 58QVG85GW3) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYDEXTROSE (UNII: VH2XOU12IE) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) SODIUM BICARBONATE (UNII: 8MDF5V39QO) SODIUM ALGINATE (UNII: C269C4G2ZQ) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIACETIN (UNII: XHX3C3X673) TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) Product Characteristics Color orange Score no score Shape ROUND Size 9mm Flavor Imprint Code 44;227 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:57896-921-01 100 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/01/2012 2 NDC:57896-921-10 1000 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/01/2012 3 NDC:57896-921-25 250 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/01/2012 4 NDC:57896-921-50 500 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/01/2012 5 NDC:57896-921-20 200 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 08/01/2018 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part343 07/01/2000 Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254) Registrant - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp 611196254 repack(57896-921)