Label: COUGH AND COLD- chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hbr tablet, sugar coated
- NDC Code(s): 59779-411-21
- Packager: CVS Pharmacy
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated May 15, 2017
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each tablet)
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mgClose
Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily relieves runny nose and sneezing due to the common cold
Do not use
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
When using this product
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
persistent cough lasts for more than one week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not exceed recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1 tablet every 6 hours. Do not take more than 4 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years: do not use
- Other information
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- Inactive ingredients
acacia, black iron oxide, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, lactose, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac, silica gel, sodium benzoate, stearic acid, sugar, talc, titanium dioxideClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredients in Coricidin® HBP Cough & Cold*
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE - Antihistamine
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr - Cough suppressant
For People With
High Blood Pressure
• Runny Nose
16 TABLETS Actual Size
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by MSD Consumer Care, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Coricidin® HBP Cough & Cold.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2015 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
√ CVS® Quality
Money Back Guarantee
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
COUGH AND COLD
chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hbr tablet, sugar coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:59779-411 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 4 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ACACIA (UNII: 5C5403N26O) CALCIUM CARBONATE (UNII: H0G9379FGK) CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48) D&C RED NO. 27 (UNII: 2LRS185U6K) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) METHYLPARABEN (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) PROPYLPARABEN (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color RED Score no score Shape ROUND Size 9mm Flavor Imprint Code 411 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:59779-411-21 2 in 1 CARTON 05/03/2003 1 8 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part341 05/03/2003 Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867894 MANUFACTURE(59779-411) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(59779-411)