Label: BRONKAID DUAL ACTION FORMULA- ephedrine sulfate and guaifenesin tablet, coated
- NDC Code(s): 69536-425-24, 69536-425-60
- Packager: Foundation Consumer Healthcare LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated September 19, 2016
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Because asthma may be life threatening, see a doctor if you:
- are not better in 60 minutes
- get worse
- need more than 6 caplets in 24 hours
- use more than 4 caplets in 24 hours for more than 3 days a week
- have more than 2 asthma attacks in a week. These may be signs that your asthma is getting worse.
These may be signs that your asthma is getting worse.
- This product will not give you asthma relief as quickly as an inhaled bronchodilator.
Do not use
- unless a doctor said you have asthma
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- ever been hospitalized for asthma
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- narrow angle glaucoma
- a psychiatric or emotional condition
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- a cough which is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking prescription drugs for asthma, obesity, weight control, depression, or psychiatric or emotional conditions
- taking any drug that contains phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, or caffeine (such as for allergy, cough-cold, or pain)
When using this product
- your blood pressure or heart rate may go up. This could increase your risk of heart attack or stroke, which may cause death.
your risk of heart attack or stroke increases if you:
- have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease
- take this product more frequently or take more than the recommended dose
- avoid foods or beverages that contain caffeine
- avoid dietary supplements containing ingredients reported or claimed to have stimulant effect
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your asthma is getting worse (see Asthma Alert)
- you have difficulty sleeping
- you have a rapid heart beat
- you have tremors, nervousness, or seizure
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 24 Caplet Blister Pack Carton
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
BRONKAID DUAL ACTION FORMULA
ephedrine sulfate and guaifenesin tablet, coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:69536-425 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength EPHEDRINE SULFATE (UNII: U6X61U5ZEG) (EPHEDRINE - UNII:GN83C131XS) EPHEDRINE SULFATE 25 mg GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 400 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 532B59J990) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape OVAL Size 18mm Flavor Imprint Code BRONKAID Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:69536-425-24 4 in 1 CARTON 01/01/2006 1 6 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:69536-425-60 5 in 1 CARTON 01/01/2006 2 12 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part341 01/01/2006 Labeler - Foundation Consumer Healthcare LLC (079675882)