KAOPECTATE- bismuth subsalicylate tablet, film coated
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (per caplet)
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Anti-diarrheal, Upset stomach reliever
- relieves diarrhea
- relieves travelers' diarrhea
- relieves nausea and upset stomach associated with this symptom
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Contains salicylate.
Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product
a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 2 caplets
- swallow caplets with water; do not chew
- repeat does every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each caplet contains: total salicylates 99 mg
do not use if carton was opened or if printed foil inner seal under bottle cap is torn or missing
- store at room temperature 20º-25ºC (68º-77º F)
croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, hydrated silica, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil, pharmaceutical ink, povidone, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin (309-034)
P.O. Box 2219
USA © 2013
Principal Display Panel
Upset Stomach Reliever
Relieves 7 types of Stomach Ailments:
28 Coated Caplets