Label: ALKA-SELTZER PLUS COLD MEDICINE SPARKLING ORIGINAL- aspirin, chlorpheniramine maleate, and phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
Contains inactivated NDC Code(s)
NDC Code(s): 70264-015-01
- Packager: R J General Corporation
- This is a repackaged label.
- Source NDC Code(s): 0280-1400
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated August 6, 2018
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
Do not use
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- you may get drowsy
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 60 Tablet Carton
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ALKA-SELTZER PLUS COLD MEDICINE SPARKLING ORIGINAL
aspirin, chlorpheniramine maleate, and phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:70264-015(NDC:0280-1400) Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 325 mg CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2 mg PHENYLEPHRINE BITARTRATE (UNII: 27O3Q5ML57) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE BITARTRATE 7.8 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) ASPARTAME (UNII: Z0H242BBR1) CALCIUM SILICATE (UNII: S4255P4G5M) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) DOCUSATE SODIUM (UNII: F05Q2T2JA0) MANNITOL (UNII: 3OWL53L36A) POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SODIUM BICARBONATE (UNII: 8MDF5V39QO) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape ROUND Size 25mm Flavor Imprint Code ALKA;SELTZER;PLUS Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:70264-015-01 30 in 1 CARTON 04/10/2008 1 2 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 04/10/2008 Labeler - R J General Corporation (122542830) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations R J General Corporation 122542830 REPACK(70264-015)