VICKS NYQUIL COLD AND FLU NIGHTTIME RELIEF- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate capsule, liquid filled
The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each LiquiCap)||Purpose
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg||Cough suppressant
|Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg||Antihistamine
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches & pains
- runny nose & sneezing
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening • blisters • rash
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 doses in 24 hrs, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, see a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleep
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, & tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than directed can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults & for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed
- do not exceed 8 LiquiCaps per 24 hrs
|adults & children 12 yrs & over||2 LiquiCaps with water every 6 hrs
|children 4 to under 12 yrs||ask a doctor
|children under 4 yrs||do not use
- • store at no greater than 25°C
D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Blue No. 1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol special, titanium dioxide
Made in Canada
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
COLD & FLU
Acetaminophen, Doxylamine Succinate
, Dextromethorphan HBr
- Headache, Fever, Sore Throat, Minor Aches & Pains
- Sneezing, Runny Nose