Label: COLD- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet, coated
- NDC Code(s): 68998-138-05
- Packager: Marc Glassman, Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 13, 2018
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- swallow whole – do not crush, chew, or dissolve
- do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours
children under 12 years
- ask a doctor
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
See New Warnings Information & Directions
†Compare to the active ingredients in Tylenol® Cold Multi-Symptom Daytime
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Nasal Decongestant, Cough Suppressant
Acetaminophen, Phenylephrine HCl, Dextromethorphan HBr
For Relief Of:
• Headache, Fever & Sore Throat
• Nasal Congestion
24 Cool Taste Caplets
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet, coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:68998-138 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48) CROSPOVIDONE (UNII: 2S7830E561) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POLYVINYL ALCOHOL (UNII: 532B59J990) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color white Score no score Shape OVAL Size 17mm Flavor MINT Imprint Code AAA;1138 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:68998-138-05 2 in 1 CARTON 02/01/2010 1 12 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 02/01/2010 Labeler - Marc Glassman, Inc. (094487477)