Label: EQUATE ANTI DIARRHEAL ANTI GAS- loperamide hydrochloride, simethicone tablet
- NDC Code(s): 49035-549-62, 49035-549-65
- Packager: Wal-Mart Stores Inc
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
Updated December 7, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
- a history of abnormal heart rhythm
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug. Loperamide may interact with certain prescription drugs.
When using this product
tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
- you have difficulty swallowing the caplet
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- take only on an empty stomach (1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal)
- take with a full (8 oz.) glass of water
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
adults and children
12 years and over
2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours
children 9-11 years
1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hours
children 6-8 years
1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hours
children 2-5 years
(34 to 47 lbs)
ask a doctor
children under 2 years
(up to 33 lbs)
do not use
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
EQUATE ANTI DIARRHEAL ANTI GAS
loperamide hydrochloride, simethicone tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:49035-549 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 77TI35393C) (LOPERAMIDE - UNII:6X9OC3H4II) LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2 mg DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) (DIMETHICONE - UNII:92RU3N3Y1O) DIMETHICONE 125 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48) ANHYDROUS DIBASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE (UNII: L11K75P92J) MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score 2 pieces Shape OVAL Size 17mm Flavor Imprint Code L0R1;2;125 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:49035-549-65 1 in 1 CARTON 12/30/2018 06/30/2021 1 30 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:49035-549-62 24 in 1 CARTON 06/10/2019 2 1 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA209837 12/30/2018 Labeler - Wal-Mart Stores Inc (051957769)