Label: CHILDRENS DELSYM COUGH PLUS SORE THROAT- acetaminophen and dextromethorphan hydrobromide solution
- NDC Code(s): 63824-222-64
- Packager: RB Health (US) LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated January 18, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- liver disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product do not use more than directed (see Overdose warning)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- children 6 to under 12 years of age: 10 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours while symptoms last; do not give more than 5 doses in any 24-hour period
- children under 6 years of age: do not use
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 118 mL Bottle Carton
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
CHILDRENS DELSYM COUGH PLUS SORE THROAT
acetaminophen and dextromethorphan hydrobromide solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:63824-222 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Acetaminophen (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (Acetaminophen - UNII:362O9ITL9D) Acetaminophen 325 mg in 10 mL Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (Dextromethorphan - UNII:7355X3ROTS) Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg in 10 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Product Characteristics Color ORANGE Score Shape Size Flavor HONEY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:63824-222-64 1 in 1 CARTON 07/01/2019 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 9: Other Type of Part 3 Combination Product (e.g., Drug/Device/Biological Product) Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part341 07/01/2019 Labeler - RB Health (US) LLC (081049410)