Label: DEXIVITE- ascorbic acid, cholecalciferol, thiamine, pyridoxal-5-phosphate, folic acid, methylcobalamin, calcium carbonate, ferrous gluconate, iodine tablet
- NHRIC Code(s): 72336-044-01
- Packager: Lifsa Drugs Llc
- Category: DIETARY SUPPLEMENT
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Dietary Supplement
Updated November 9, 2019
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
Dexivite Tablets - Prenatal/Postnatal Dietary Supplement
Dispensed by Prescription
Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Serving per Bottle: 30
Amount Per Serving: % Daily Value Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 125 mg 104% Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 12.5 mcg (500 IU) 83% Thiamine (Vitamin B1 as thiamine HCl) 1.4 mg 100% Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate) 2.5 mg 125% Folic Acid 1,666 DFE (1 mg folic acid) 278% Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 1,000 mcg 35,714% Calcium (from calcium carbonate) 200 mg 15% Iron (as ferrous gluconate) 13 mg 48% Iodine (as potassium iodide) 150 mcg 52%
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide and Magnesium Stearate.
- WARNING AND PRECAUTIONS
Dexivite Tablets are contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients. Do not take this product if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor.
Folic acid alone is improper therapy in the treatment of pernicious anemia and other megaloblastic anemias where vitamin B is deficient. Folic acid in doses above 1 mg daily may obscure pernicious anemia in that hematologic remission can occur while neurological manifestations progress. Dexivite
Tablets should only be used under the direction and supervision of a licensed medical practitioner.
Allergic sensitization has been reported following both oral and parenteral administration of folic acid. You may report side effects by calling the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
- DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
HOW SUPPLIED HEALTH CLAIM:
Dexivite Tablets are available as white, round tablets and are available in 30-count bottles (72336-044-01*). This product is not an Orange Book product.
Dispensed by Prescription†
Manufactured for: Lifsa Drugs LLC, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
* Lifsa Drugs LLC does not represent these product codes to be National Drug Codes (NDC). Product codes are formatted according to standard industry practice, to meet the formatting requirement by pedigree reporting and supply-chain control including pharmacies. † This product is a prescription-folate with or without other dietary ingredients that – due to increased folate levels increased risk associated with masking of B12 deficiency (pernicious anemia) requires administration under the care of a licensed medical practitioner (61 FR 8760).1-3 The most appropriate way to ensure pedigree reporting consistent with these regulatory guidelines and safety monitoring is to dispense this product only by prescription. This is not an Orange Book product. This product may be administered only under a physician’s supervision and all prescriptions using this product shall be pursuant to state statutes as applicable. The ingredients, indication or claims of this product are not to be construed to be drug claims. 1. Federal Register Notice of August 2, 1973 (38 FR 20750) 2. Federal Register Notice of October 17, 1980 (45 FR 69043, 69044) 3. Federal Register Notice of March 5, 1996 (61 FR 8760)
- STORAGE AND HANDLING:
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ascorbic acid, cholecalciferol, thiamine, pyridoxal-5-phosphate, folic acid, methylcobalamin, calcium carbonate, ferrous gluconate, iodine tablet
Product Information Product Type DIETARY SUPPLEMENT Item Code (Source) NHRIC:72336-044 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASCORBIC ACID (UNII: PQ6CK8PD0R) (ASCORBIC ACID - UNII:PQ6CK8PD0R) ASCORBIC ACID 125 mg CHOLECALCIFEROL (UNII: 1C6V77QF41) (CHOLECALCIFEROL - UNII:1C6V77QF41) CHOLECALCIFEROL 0.0125 mg THIAMINE (UNII: X66NSO3N35) (THIAMINE ION - UNII:4ABT0J945J) THIAMINE 1.4 mg PYRIDOXAL PHOSPHATE ANHYDROUS (UNII: F06SGE49M6) (PYRIDOXAL PHOSPHATE ANHYDROUS - UNII:F06SGE49M6) PYRIDOXAL PHOSPHATE ANHYDROUS 2.5 mg FOLIC ACID (UNII: 935E97BOY8) (FOLIC ACID - UNII:935E97BOY8) FOLIC ACID 1 mg METHYLCOBALAMIN (UNII: BR1SN1JS2W) (METHYLCOBALAMIN - UNII:BR1SN1JS2W) METHYLCOBALAMIN 1 mg CALCIUM CARBONATE (UNII: H0G9379FGK) (CALCIUM CATION - UNII:2M83C4R6ZB) CALCIUM CATION 200 mg FERROUS GLUCONATE (UNII: U1B11I423Z) (FERROUS CATION - UNII:GW89581OWR) FERROUS CATION 13 mg POTASSIUM IODIDE (UNII: 1C4QK22F9J) (IODIDE ION - UNII:09G4I6V86Q) IODIDE ION 0.15 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NHRIC:72336-044-01 30 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date dietary supplement 11/01/2019 Supplement Facts Serving Size : Serving per Container : Amount Per Serving % Daily Value color shape size (solid drugs) 20 mm scoring 1 Labeler - Lifsa Drugs Llc (081205160)