Label: HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH- acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine tablet, film coated
- NDC Code(s): 50844-159-12, 50844-159-16
- Packager: L.N.K. International, Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated January 19, 2019
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each tablet)
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID)*
Caffeine 65 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugClose
Pain reliever aid
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- muscular aches
- a cold
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- taking any other drug or are under a doctor's care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- vomit blood
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 tablets every 6 hours
- do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Other information
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- use by expiration date on package
- Inactive ingredients
corn starch, crospovidone, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxideClose
- Principal Display Panel
†Compare to the active ingredients
in Excedrin® Extra Strength
Acetaminophen, Aspirin (NSAID)
PAIN RELIEVER, PAIN RELIEVER AID
RELIEVES HEADACHES, ARTHRITIS, AND MUSCULAR ACHES
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by
Novartis AG, owner of the registered trademark
Excedrin® Extra Strength.
LNK INTERNATIONAL, INC.
60 Arkay Drive, Hauppauge, NY 11788
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Quality Plus 44-159Close
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH
acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine tablet, film coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:50844-159 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 250 mg CAFFEINE (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (CAFFEINE - UNII:3G6A5W338E) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (UNII: 368GB5141J) SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A POTATO (UNII: 5856J3G2A2) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) CROSPOVIDONE (UNII: 2S7830E561) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape ROUND Size 11mm Flavor Imprint Code 44;159 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:50844-159-12 1 in 1 CARTON 11/17/1992 1 100 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:50844-159-16 1000 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 11/17/1992 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 11/17/1992 Labeler - L.N.K. International, Inc. (038154464) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867894 MANUFACTURE(50844-159) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(50844-159) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 967626305 PACK(50844-159) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 868734088 PACK(50844-159)