Label: CHILDRENS IBUPROFEN- ibuprofen suspension
- NDC Code(s): 68071-4217-4
- Packager: NuCare Pharmaceuticals,Inc.
- This is a repackaged label.
- Source NDC Code(s): 0472-1263
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
Updated January 9, 2018
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Drug Facts
- Active ingredient
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin.
Symptoms may include:
▪ hives ▪ facial swelling
▪ asthma (wheezing) ▪ shock
▪ skin reddening ▪ rash
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding.
The chance is higher if your child:
• has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
• takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
• takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
• takes more or for a longer time than directed
Heart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
- Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if
• stomach bleeding warning applies to your child
• child has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
• child has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
• child has not been drinking fluids
• child has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
• child has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, or had a stroke
• child has asthma
• child is taking a diuretic
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is
- When using this product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
• feels faint
• vomits blood
• has bloody or black stools
• has stomach pain that does not get better
• child has symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
• chest pain
• trouble breathing
• weakness in one part or side of body
• slurred speech
• leg swelling
• the child does not get any relief within first day (24 hours) of treatment
• fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present in the painful area
• any new symptoms appear
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
• this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
• do not give more than directed
• shake well before using
• mL = milliliter
• find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
• use only enclosed dosing cup. Do not use any other dosing device.
• if needed, repeat dose every 6-8 hours
• do not use more than 4 times a day
• replace original bottle cap to maintain child resistance
Dosing Chart Weight (lb) Age (yr) Dose (mL)* under 24 under 2 years ask a doctor 24-35 lbs 2-3 years 5 mL 36-47 lbs 4-5 years 7.5 mL 48-59 lbs 6-8 years 10 mL 60-71 lbs 9-10 years 12.5 mL 72-95 lbs 11 years 15 mL *or as directed by a doctor
- Other information
Original Berry: citric acid, D&C yellow #10, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
Dye-Free Berry: citric acid, flavors, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
Grape: citric acid, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
Bubble Gum: artificial bubble gum flavor, citric acid, FD&C red #40, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:68071-4217(NDC:0472-1263) Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength IBUPROFEN (UNII: WK2XYI10QM) (IBUPROFEN - UNII:WK2XYI10QM) IBUPROFEN 100 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) HYPROMELLOSE 2910 (4000 MPA.S) (UNII: RN3152OP35) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color pink Score Shape Size Flavor BUBBLE GUM Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:68071-4217-4 120 mL in 1 BOX; Type 1: Convenience Kit of Co-Package 01/09/2018 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA074916 07/01/2008 Labeler - NuCare Pharmaceuticals,Inc. (010632300) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations NuCare Pharmaceuticals,Inc. 010632300 relabel(68071-4217)