TUSSIN CF ADULT NON DROWSY- dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
Western Family Foods Inc
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each 10 mL)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 20 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 10 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
When using this product
do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children 12 years and over
10 mL every 4 hours
children under 12 years
do not use
- each 10 mL contains: sodium 5 mg
- store at 20-25ºC (68-77ºF).
- Do not refrigerate.
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Principal Display Panel
COUGH & COLD
COUGH SUPPRESSANT (DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr)
NASAL DECONGESTANT (PHENYLEPHRINE HCl)
COUGH – MUCUS
For Ages 12 & Over
COMPARE TO ROBITUSSIN® MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD active ingredients
4 FL OZ (118 mL)