Label: FAMOTIDINE- famotidine tablet
- NDC Code(s): 63629-4593-1
- Packager: Bryant Ranch Prepack
- This is a repackaged label.
- Source NDC Code(s): 0172-2662
- Category: HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
Updated January 21, 2013
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Famotidine USP 10 mgClose
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages.
Allergy alert Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 15 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- Other information
- read the directions and warnings before use
- TAMPER-EVIDENT: Do not use this product if carton has been opened, if blister backing appears to have been disturbed, or if individual blister units are broken or torn.
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from moisture
- Inactive ingredients
colloidal silicon dioxide, FD & C Red #40 aluminum lake, FD & C Yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, talc, titanium dioxideClose
call 1-888-838-2872, weekdays, 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern TimeClose
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
Famotidine 10mg TabletClose
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:63629-4593(NDC:0172-2662) Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength FAMOTIDINE (UNII: 5QZO15J2Z8) (FAMOTIDINE - UNII:5QZO15J2Z8) FAMOTIDINE 10 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A POTATO (UNII: 5856J3G2A2) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color ORANGE (PEACH) Score no score Shape ROUND Size 9mm Flavor Imprint Code 10;2662 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:63629-4593-1 30 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA075512 02/18/2010 Labeler - Bryant Ranch Prepack (171714327) Registrant - Bryant Ranch Prepack (171714327) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Bryant Ranch Prepack 171714327 REPACK(63629-4593) , RELABEL(63629-4593)