Label: VICKS NYQUIL HBP COLD AND FLU- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate liquid
- NDC Code(s): 37000-015-12
- Packager: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated February 3, 2023
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy Alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 354 ml Bottle Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
VICKS NYQUIL HBP COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:37000-015 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 650 mg in 30 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30 mg in 30 mL DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE (UNII: V9BI9B5YI2) (DOXYLAMINE - UNII:95QB77JKPL) DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 12.5 mg in 30 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ALCOHOL (UNII: 3K9958V90M) CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (UNII: XY6UN3QB6S) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SACCHARIN SODIUM (UNII: SB8ZUX40TY) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) Product Characteristics Color red Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:37000-015-12 354 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 02/01/2017 07/11/2024 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final M012 02/01/2017 07/11/2024 Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)