Label: HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH- acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
- NDC Code(s): 56062-525-10
- Packager: Publix Supermarkets, Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated April 11, 2017
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID)*
Caffeine 65 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugClose
Pain reliever aidClose
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- a cold
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- taking any other drug or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- any new symptoms appear
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- painful area is red or swollen
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours; do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- Other information
- store between 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
- Inactive ingredients
carnauba wax**, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil**, polyethylene glycol**, povidone, sodium starch glycolate**, stearic acid, talc**, titanium dioxide
**contains one or more of these ingredientsClose
- Principal Display Panel
ACETAMINOPHEN, ASPIRIN (NSAID),*
- PAIN RELIEVER/PAIN RELIEVER AID
Compare to Excedrin® Extra Strength active ingredients†
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis, distributor of Excedrin® Extra Strength.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DISTRIBUTED BY PUBLIX SUPER MARKETS, INC.,
3300 PUBLIX CORPORATE PARKWAY
LAKELAND, FL 33811
- Package Label
PUBLIX Extra Strength Headache Relief
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH
acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:56062-525 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 250 mg CAFFEINE (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (CAFFEINE - UNII:3G6A5W338E) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) MINERAL OIL (UNII: T5L8T28FGP) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A CORN (UNII: AG9B65PV6B) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 17mm Flavor Imprint Code TCL370;S53 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:56062-525-10 1 in 1 BOX 03/31/2017 1 100 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 03/31/2017 Labeler - Publix Supermarkets, Inc. (006922009)