Label: DAY TIME- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl liquid
- NDC Code(s): 42507-656-30, 42507-656-34, 42507-656-38, 42507-656-40
- Packager: HyVee Inc
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated March 27, 2013
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each 15 ml tablespoon)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mgClose
Pain reliever/fever reducer
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 4 doses (adult: 2,600 mg acetaminophen; child: 1,300 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if
- adult takes more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed – see Liver warning
- use dose cup
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
adults & children 12 yrs & over
30 ml (2 TBSP) every 4 hrs
children 6 to under 12 yrs
15 ml (1 TBSP) every 4 hrs
children 4 to under 6 yrs
ask a doctor
children under 4 yrs
do not use
- when using other Daytime or Nighttime products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- Other information
- each tablespoon contains: sodium 7 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- Inactive ingredients
butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, FD&C yellow no. 6, flavor, glycerin, menthol, monobasic sodium phosphate, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sucrose, xanthan gumClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to Vicks® DayQuil® active ingredients
Day Time Cold & Flu
Acetaminophen – Aches, Fever
Dextromethorphan HBr – Cough
Phenylephrine HCl – Nasal Congestion
Pain Reliever, Fever Reducer, Cough Suppressant, Nasal DecongestantClose
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:42507-656 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg in 15 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg in 15 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BUTYLATED HYDROXYANISOLE (UNII: REK4960K2U) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) MENTHOL (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MONOBASIC (UNII: 3980JIH2SW) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SACCHARIN SODIUM (UNII: SB8ZUX40TY) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color ORANGE (clear) Score Shape Size Flavor MENTHOL (with fruit) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:42507-656-30 177 mL in 1 BOTTLE 2 NDC:42507-656-38 296 mL in 1 BOTTLE 3 NDC:42507-656-40 355 mL in 1 BOTTLE 4 NDC:42507-656-34 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 06/11/2006 Labeler - HyVee Inc (006925671)