Label: BPO- benzoyl peroxide gel
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated May 15, 2018
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active Ingredient
- INDICATIONS & USAGE
- Keep out of reach of children.
When using this product
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use sunscreen
- keep away from eyes, lips and mouth
- avoid contact with hair or dyed fabrics, including carpet and clothing which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling or possibly swelling. More frequent use or higher concentrations may aggravate such irritation. Mild irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Stop use and ask doctor if
- clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product
- cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
- because excessive drying of the skin nay occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily
- if needed or as directed by a doctorif bothersome dryness or peeling ocurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develpos, discontinue use of product and consult a doctor
- Inactive Ingredients
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
benzoyl peroxide gel
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:42192-106 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Benzoyl Peroxide (UNII: W9WZN9A0GM) (Benzoyl Peroxide - UNII:W9WZN9A0GM) Benzoyl Peroxide 8 mg in 100 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ALOE VERA LEAF (UNII: ZY81Z83H0X) DIMETHYL ISOSORBIDE (UNII: SA6A6V432S) CETYL ALCOHOL (UNII: 936JST6JCN) STEARYL ALCOHOL (UNII: 2KR89I4H1Y) POLYOXYL 20 CETOSTEARYL ETHER (UNII: YRC528SWUY) BENZYL ALCOHOL (UNII: LKG8494WBH) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:42192-106-16 12 in 1 PACKAGE 01/01/2050 01/01/2050 1 1 in 1 CARTON 1 42500 mg in 1 TUBE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part333D 01/01/2009 Labeler - Acella Pharmaceuticals, LLC (825380939) Registrant - Ei Inc. (105803274) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Ei Inc. 105803274 manufacture(42192-106) , label(42192-106) , pack(42192-106)