Label: GOOD SENSE TUSSIN CF MAX- dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
- NDC Code(s): 0113-0296-26, 0113-0296-34
- Packager: L. Perrigo Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated May 28, 2014
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each 5 mL tsp)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 5 mgClose
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Do not use
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- shake well before using
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- use only with enclosed measuring cup. Do not use with any other device.
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children 12 years and over
2 teaspoons (tsp) every 4 hours
children under 12 years
do not use
- Other information
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 4 mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- Inactive ingredients
anhydrous citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, menthol, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose, xanthan gumClose
- Questions or comments?
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Cough Suppressant (Dextromethorphan HBr)
Nasal Decongestant (Phenylephrine HCl)
For Ages 12 & Over
Compare to active ingredients of Robitussin® Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Cold
4 FL OZ (118 mL)Close
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
GOOD SENSE TUSSIN CF MAX
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0113-0296 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg in 5 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 200 mg in 5 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) MENTHOL (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color RED Score Shape Size Flavor FRUIT PUNCH, MENTHOL Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0113-0296-26 1 in 1 CARTON 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE 2 NDC:0113-0296-34 1 in 1 CARTON 2 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 01/11/2013 Labeler - L. Perrigo Company (006013346)