Label: EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH- acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
- NDC Code(s): 67751-141-01, 67751-141-02
- Packager: Navajo Manufacturing Company Inc.
- This is a repackaged label.
- Source NDC Code(s): 0067-2000
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated September 20, 2016
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Drug Facts
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID*)
Caffeine 65 mgClose
• temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:Close
• headache • a cold • arthritis • muscular aches • toothache • premenstrual & menstrual cramps
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness. Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include: • skin reddening • blisters • rash If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include: • hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
• more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
• are age 60 or older
• have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
• take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
• take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs
(aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
• have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
• take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
Do not use
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
Ask a doctor before use if
• you have liver disease
• stomach bleeding warning applies to you
• you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
• you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
• you are taking a diuretic • you have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if
you are taking
• a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
• any other drug, or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away. • you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding: • feel faint • vomit blood • have bloody or black stools • have stomach pain that does not get better • ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs • painful area is red or swollen • pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days • fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days • any new symptoms occur These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health care professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not use more than directed • drink a full glass of water with each dose • adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours; not more than 8 caplets in 24 hours • under 12 years: ask a doctorClose
- Other information
• store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)Close
• read all product information before using. Keep this carton for important information.
- Inactive ingredients
benzoic acid, carnauba wax, FD&C blue #1, hydroxypropylcellulose, hypromellose, light mineral oil, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, povidone, propylene glycol, simethicone emulsion, sorbitan monolaurate, stearic acid, titanium dioxideClose
- Questions or comments?
- Package Labeling:
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH
acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:67751-141(NDC:0067-2000) Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 250 mg CAFFEINE (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (CAFFEINE - UNII:3G6A5W338E) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BENZOIC ACID (UNII: 8SKN0B0MIM) CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 9XZ8H6N6OH) HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) LIGHT MINERAL OIL (UNII: N6K5787QVP) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYSORBATE 20 (UNII: 7T1F30V5YH) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) SORBITAN MONOLAURATE (UNII: 6W9PS8B71J) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color white Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 18mm Flavor Imprint Code E Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:67751-141-01 1 in 1 CARTON 09/16/2016 1 2 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:67751-141-02 2 in 1 CARTON 09/16/2016 2 4 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part343 09/16/2016 Labeler - Navajo Manufacturing Company Inc. (091917799)