Label: BACK AND BODY EXTRA STRENGTH- aspirin, caffeine tablet
- NDC Code(s): 33992-0413-2, 33992-0413-8
- Packager: GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 1, 2015
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Aspirin 500 mg (NSAID)*
Caffeine 32.5 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugClose
Pain reliever aid
for the temporary relief of:
- backache pain
- muscle aches and pains
- minor aches and pains of arthritis
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains and NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have asthma
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- feel faint
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours, not to exceed 8 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- Other information
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date or lot number
- Inactive ingredients
corn starch, hypromellose, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfateClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
COMPARE TO ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OF BAYER® Back & Body†
BACK & BODY
• Aspirin (NSAID) & Caffeine
Pain Reliever / Pain Reliever aid
24 coated caplets
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Bayer® Back & Body.
Distributed by: Greenbrier International, Inc.
Chesapeake, VA 23320 USA
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
BACK AND BODY EXTRA STRENGTH
aspirin, caffeine tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:33992-0413 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 500 mg CAFFEINE (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (CAFFEINE - UNII:3G6A5W338E) CAFFEINE 32.5 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (UNII: 368GB5141J) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape OVAL Size 19mm Flavor Imprint Code 44;413 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:33992-0413-2 1 in 1 CARTON 1 48 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:33992-0413-8 1 in 1 CARTON 2 24 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 04/12/2004 Labeler - GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC. (610322518) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(33992-0413) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867894 MANUFACTURE(33992-0413)