Label: LANSOPRAZOLE- lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
- NDC Code(s): 0536-4122-88
- Packager: Rugby Laboratories Inc
- This is a repackaged label.
- Source NDC Code(s): 55648-140
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
Updated April 25, 2013
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Lansoprazole 15 mgClose
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Patients should use the lowest dose and shortest duration of this therapy.
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Other information
- read the directions, warnings and package insert before use
- keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- keep product out of high heat and humidity
- protect product from moisture
- Inactive ingredients
colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C red No. 33, D&C yellow No. 10, FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C red No. 40, gelatin, hypromellose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sucrose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxideClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Heartburn Relief 24 Hour™
Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules, 15 mg
- May take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
- Clinically proven to treat frequent heartburn
COMPARE TO ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN PREVACID® 24 HR*
*Rugby Laboratories is not affiliated with the owner of the trademark Prevacid® 24 HR.
Distributed by: Rugby Laboratories
31778 Enterprise Drive
Livonia, MI 48150
Product of India
KEEP THE CARTON AND PACKAGE INSERT. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
TAMPER-EVIDENT BOTTLE: DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” OR DARK BLUE TO BLACK GELATIN BAND AROUND THE CENTER OF EACH CAPSULE IS MISSING OR BROKEN.Close
- Package Label
Rugby Lansoprazole Capsule
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0536-4122(NDC:55648-140) Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength LANSOPRAZOLE (UNII: 0K5C5T2QPG) (LANSOPRAZOLE - UNII:0K5C5T2QPG) LANSOPRAZOLE 15 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength D&C RED NO. 33 (UNII: 9DBA0SBB0L) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GELATIN (UNII: 2G86QN327L) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) MAGNESIUM CARBONATE (UNII: 0E53J927NA) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) METHACRYLIC ACID - METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER (1:1) (UNII: 74G4R6TH13) Product Characteristics Color PINK, GREEN Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 16mm Flavor Imprint Code W140 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0536-4122-88 1 in 1 CARTON 1 14 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA202727 05/18/2012 Labeler - Rugby Laboratories Inc (191427277) Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)