Label: SUNMARK MILK OF MAGNESIA MINT - magnesium hydroxide liquid
- NDC Code(s): 49348-305-39
- Packager: McKesson
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated March 27, 2014
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each 15 mL, 1 Tablespoon)
Magnesium hydroxide 1200 mgClose
- relieves occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• kidney disease
• a magnesium-restricted diet
• stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
• a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug.
This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
• you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately.
• shake well before use
• do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
• dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor
• follow each dosage with a full glass (8 oz) of fluid
adults and children 12 years and over: 2 - 4 tablespoons (TBSP)
children 6 to 11 years: 1- 2 tablespoons (TBSP)
children under 6 years: ask a doctor
- Other information
• each tablespoon contains: magnesium 500 mg
• do not freeze
• store at room temperature tightly closedClose
- Inactive ingredients
flavor, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium hypochloriteClose
- package Label
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
SUNMARK MILK OF MAGNESIA MINT
magnesium hydroxide liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:49348-305 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: NBZ3QY004S) (MAGNESIUM CATION - UNII:T6V3LHY838, HYDROXIDE ION - UNII:9159UV381P) MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 1200 mg in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE (UNII: DY38VHM5OD) SACCHARIN SODIUM DIHYDRATE (UNII: SB8ZUX40TY) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor MINT (mint) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:49348-305-39 355 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part334 04/01/2012 Labeler - McKesson (177667227)