Label: KAISER PERMANENTE BENZOYL PEROXIDE- benzoyl peroxide liquid
- NDC Code(s): 0179-8705-05
- Packager: Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated September 16, 2013
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient
Benzoyl peroxide 5%Close
for the treatment of acneClose
For external use only
When using this product
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- shake well
- Sensitivity Test for a New User. Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated below.
- wet area to be cleansed
- apply acne wash and gently massage area for 1-2 minutes
- rinse thoroughly and pat dry
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor
- Inactive ingredients
carbomer homopolymer, citric acid*, edetate disodium, glycerin, imidurea, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, purified water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium hydroxide *may contain this ingredientClose
- Questions or comments?
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Benzoyl Peroxide 5%
Acne treatment wash
NET WT 5 OZ (142 g)Close
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
KAISER PERMANENTE BENZOYL PEROXIDE
benzoyl peroxide liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0179-8705 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength BENZOYL PEROXIDE (UNII: W9WZN9A0GM) (BENZOYL PEROXIDE - UNII:W9WZN9A0GM) BENZOYL PEROXIDE 5 g in 100 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) IMIDUREA (UNII: M629807ATL) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM C14-16 OLEFIN SULFONATE (UNII: O9W3D3YF5U) SODIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: 55X04QC32I) LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER (UNII: EX0F4CZ66H) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0179-8705-05 142 g in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part333D 06/08/2007 Labeler - Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (053052619)