April 1, 2014 - The SPL Format Previewer is no longer being maintained. The system will be removed on June 1, 2014.
For any concerns regarding this change, please contact us.
This SPL Format Previewer is designed for use by Label authors. You can upload a formatted label and preview your result and check for proper formatting. Once you have specified a zip file name and clicked on the upload button, you will be able to see how your label will display on our DailyMed site. With this utility you can verify your label formatting and make needed changes before submission to and approval by FDA.
Please Note: Reviewing a label on this site is not a submission to FDA. Previewer output is visible only for you during this session.
To use this SPL Format Previewer please note the following :
- Your Browser Setting: "Enable Cookies" for DailyMed.
- Zip your XML file along with all image files so it can upload as a single Zip file.
- SPL Schema validation is based on latest release of FDA SPL Schema dated October 1, 2012 (SPL.xsd).
- Currently DailyMed is restricting file uploading to a maximum size of 5MB.
- Inactive user sessions will expire in 45 minutes. After a session has expired, resubmission of the Zip file will be necessary.