LANSOPRAZOLE capsule, delayed release
[P and L Development of New York Corporation]
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole.
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Patients should use the lowest dose and shortest duration of this therapy.
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions, warnings, and package insert before use
- keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- keep product out of high heat and humidity
- protect product from moisture
colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C red No. 33, D&C yellow No. 10, FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C red No. 40, gelatin, hypromellose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sucrose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide
*Compare to the active ingredient in Prevacid® 24 HR
Heartburn Relief 24 Hour™
Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules, 15 mg
- May take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
- Clinically Proven To Treat Frequent Heartburn
KEEP OUTER CARTON AND PACKAGE INSERT. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
TAMPER-EVIDENT BOTTLE: DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION” OR DARK BLUE TO BLACK GELATIN BAND AROUND THE CENTER OF EACH CAPSULE IS MISSING OR BROKEN.
*Prevacid® 24 HR is a registered trademark of Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., and is used under license. © 2012 Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Westbury, NY 11590, USA
Product of India
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
|Labeler - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|