CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE cloth
[Sage Products Inc.]
- helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infection
- for preparation of skin prior to surgery
For external use only
Do not use
- on patients with known allergies to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in this product
- for lumbar punctures or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious or permanent injury if chlorhexidine is permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
Keep out of reach of children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- do not microwave
- product and packaging are not sterile. Follow your hospital policy for skin preparation with non-sterile products.
- holding top of package in one hand, lift flap on backside of package with other hand
- grasp flap at top and pull down to tear flap away and expose foam
- hold outside of package to present foam and cloths to prep table, avoiding contact between cloths and outside of package to reduce risk of cloth contamination.
- using sterile scissors, cut off end seal of package
- transfer contents onto prep table, avoiding contact between cloths and outside of package to reduce risk of cloth contamination
- use first cloth to prepare the skin area indicated for a moist or dry site, making certain to keep the second cloth where it will not be contaminated. Use second cloth to prepare larger areas.
- dry surgical sites (such as abdomen or arm): use one cloth to cleanse each 161 cm2 area (approximately 5 x 5 inches) of skin to be prepared. Vigorously scrub skin back and forth for 3 minutes, completely wetting treatment area, then discard. Allow area to air dry for one (1) minute. Do not rinse.
- moist surgical sites (such as inguinal fold): use one cloth to cleanse each 65 cm2 area (approximately 2 x 5 inches) of skin to be prepared. Vigorously scrub skin back and forth for 3 minutes, completely wetting treatment area, then discard. Allow area to air dry for one (1) minute. Do not rinse.
- discard each cloth after a single use
- after package has been opened discard any unused cloths
aloe vera, dimethicone, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, glycerin, Igepal, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol, USP purified water
chlorhexidine gluconate cloth
|Labeler - Sage Products Inc. (054326178)|
|Sage Products Inc.||054326178||manufacture|