ALPHA-CAINE TOPICAL ANESTHETIC
[Dental Technologies, Inc.]
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph not final|
For the temporary relief of occasional minor irritation and pain, associated with:
- Sore mouth and throat
- Minor dental procedures
- Needle punctures
- Minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
For external use only
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have a history of allergy to any "caine" anesthetics, such as benzocaine, butacaine, procaine, or tetracaine.
Sore throat warning:
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
you experience any of the following symptoms, as these may be a sign of methemoglobinemia, a rare disorder which can appear up to 2 hours after use:
- pale, gray or blue-colored skin, lips and nail beds
- shortness of breath
- rapid heart rate
If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days, see your dentist or doctor promptly.
Keep out of reach of children.
If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- do not exceed recommended dosage.
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: Apply to the affected area. Gargle, swish around in the mouth, or allow to remain in place at least 1 minute and then spit out. Use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- children under 12 years of age: Should be supervised in the use of the product.
- children under 2 years of age: Consult a dentist or doctor.
Questions or comments?
1-800-835-0885 or 1-847-677-5500
M-F 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST.
Principal Display Panel
TOPICAL ANESTHETIC GEL
20% Benzocaine Oral Anesthetic
1 oz. (30g)
|Labeler - Dental Technologies, Inc. (148312838)|
|Registrant - Dental Technologies, Inc. (148312838)|
|Dental Technologies, Inc.||148312838||manufacture(55346-2902), pack(55346-2902), label(55346-2902)|