(pyrethrum extract and piperonyl butoxide)
[Reckitt Benckiser LLC]
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph final|
For external use only
Do not use
- near eyes
- inside nose, mouth or vagina
- on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
Ask a doctor before use if you are allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
When using this product
- keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
- if product gets in eyes, flush with water right away
- scalp itching or redness may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- breathing difficulty occurs
- eye irritation occurs
- skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
Important: Read warnings before use.
Read leaflet inside carton for complete directions before use.
Adults and children 2 years and over:
- check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- examine small sections of hair at a time
- unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- apply this product thoroughly to dry hair or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.
- allow this product to remain on hair or other affected area for 10 minutes, but no longer
- wash area thoroughly with warm water and soap or shampoo
- for head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles
Remove lice and their eggs (nits)
- use a fine-tooth comb or the special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
- hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- if hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- for head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- lift a 1 to 2 inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- pin back each strand of hair after combing
- clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- after combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- check daily for any lice/nits that you missed
- a second treatment with this product must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice
- if infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments
Children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid excessive heat.
- keep carton for important product information
- see leaflet inside carton for additional information
butylated hydroxytoluene, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, dimethicone, fragrance, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, petroleum distillates, water
For Head Lice
Please read the leaflet for complete directions before use.
Use AFTER LiceMD treatment gel and shampooing steps.
- comb out the dead lice, eggs, and nits with the enclosed LiceMD comb. Please read the entire leaflet for complete directions. This step is very important.
- start at the top of the head, comb one section at a time and it is important to get the teeth of the comb very close to the scalp. Combing can take over an hour.
- if hair dries before combing, dampen slightly with warm water
- soak all combs, bobby pins, and hair clips in hot water [above 54°C (130°F)] after combing
- check daily for any lice/nits that you have missed
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 118 mL Bottle Carton
OR YOUR MONEY BACK**
(Equivalent to 0.33% Pyrethrins)
with Piperonyl Butoxide 4%
KILLS LICE &
100% of THEIR EGGS*
TREAT - kill lice
COMB - eliminate
100% lice eggs
1 Lice Killing Gel 4 FL OZ (118mL)
2 Pairs of
*The LiceMD Comb
lice eggs in
pyrethrum extract and piperonyl butoxide gel
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|