(guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide)
|Category||DEA Schedule||Marketing Status|
|HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||OTC monograph final|
Active Ingredient: Guaifenesin 100 mg (in each 5 mL (teaspoon)(TSP))
Active Ingredient: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg (in each 5 mL (teaspoon)(TSP))
temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- persistent cough or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- cough lasts more than 7 days or occurs with fever, rash, or headaches that lasts. This could be signs of a serious condition
- hypersensitive to any ingredients
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period. This adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
|Adults and children 12 years and over||2 teaspoonfuls (TSP)
every 4 hours
|Children under 12 years||DO NOT USE|
citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, menthol, methylparaben, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, strawberry flavor, sucrose, purified water.
Silarx Pharmaceutical Inc,
19 West Street , Spring Valley
NY - 10977- USA.
guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid
|Labeler - Silarx Pharmaceuticals,Inc (161630033)|