LANSOPRAZOLE capsule, delayed release
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD): A diagnosis of CDAD should be considered for patients taking Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) who develop diarrhea that does not improve. Symptoms include:
- watery stool
- abdominal pain
Patients should seek immediate care from a healthcare professional if these symptoms do not go away while taking this medication.
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Patients should use the lowest dose and shortest duration of this therapy.
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions, warnings and package insert before use
- keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- keep product out of high heat and humidity
- protect product from moisture
colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C Red No. 33, D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, gelatin, hypromellose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sucrose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide
Delayed-Release Capsules, USP 15mg
May take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
Clinically Proven to Treat Frequent Heartburn
SEE NEW WARNINGS INFORMATION
One 14-day course of treatment
*Compare to the Active ingredient in Prevacid® 24 HR
*Prevacid® is a registered trademark of Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., and is used under license.
© 2012 Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
KEEP THE CARTON AND PACKAGE INSERT. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” OR DARK BLUE TO BLACK GELATIN BAND AROUND THE CENTER OF EACH CAPSULE IS MISSING OR BROKEN.
Distrubuted by Fred's, Inc.
4300 New Getwell Rd
Memphis TN 38118
1 bottle inside
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
|Labeler - Freds Inc (005866116)|