TOPCARE ENEMA- sodium phosphate, dibasic and sodium phosphate, monobasic enema
Topco Associates LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each 118 mL delivered dose)
Dibasic sodium phosphate 7 g
Monobasic sodium phosphate 19 g
- relieves occasional constipation
For rectal use only
Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a sodium-restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- kidney disease, heart problems, or are dehydrated
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage.
- do not use for more than 3 days
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding
- you have no bowel movement after use of a laxative
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
adults & children 12 years and over
one bottle once daily
children 2 to under 12 years
½ bottle once daily
children under 2 years
do not use
How to use this enema:
CAUTION:REMOVE GREEN PROTECTIVE SHIELD BEFORE INSERTING; HOLD BOTTLE UPRIGHT, GRASPING BOTTLE CAP WITH FINGERS. GRASP PROTECTIVE SHIELD WITH OTHER HAND AND PULL GENTLY TO REMOVE.
Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent and arms at rest.
Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema with tip pointing toward navel.
- Squeeze bottle until recommended dose is expelled. nearly all liquid is gone. (It is not necessary to empty unit completely. Bottle contains more liquid than needed for effective use. A small amount of liquid will remain in bottle squeezing.)
- Remove tip from rectum.
- stop using if tip is hard to insert. Forcing the tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you have hemorrhoids). If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care.
- Maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes).
- If no urge is felt after minutes of using, try to empty bowel. Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes of out the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occur.
- each 118 mL contains: sodium 4.3 g
- store at room temperature 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 1 to 5 minutes
benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, purified water
Questions or comments?
Principal Package Display
- For relief of occasional constipation
- Soft, flexible
- Comfort tip
COMPARE TO FLEET® ENEMA SALINE active ingredients
1 Bottle 4.5 FL OZ (133mL)
Carton Label 2 - Back Panel