Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Famotidine 20 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- if you have kidney disease, except under the advice and supervision of a doctor
- with other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
do not swallow tablet whole: chew completely
- to relieve symptoms, chew 1 tablet before swallowing
- to prevent symptoms, chew 1 tablet before swallowing at any time from 10 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- read the directions and warnings before use
- keep the carton. It contains important information.
- store at 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F)
- protect from moisture
cellulose acetate, crospovidone, D&C red #7 calcium lake, dextrose, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, flavors, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, sucralose
Questions or comments?
1-800-755-4008 (English) or 1-888-466-8746 (Spanish)
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
Famotidine Tablets 20 mg
Can take without water!
Just One Tablet!
Prevents & Relieves Heartburn
Due to Acid Indigestion
Berries 'n' Cream Flavor
McNeil Consumer Pharmaceuticals Co.