ALKA-SELTZER PLUS SEVERE SINUS CONGESTION AND COUGH- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide and phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
Bayer Corporation Consumer Care Division
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each capsule)
|Acetaminophen 325 mg
||Pain reliever/fever reducer
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
- helps clear nasal passages and shrinks swollen membranes
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 12 capsules in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than the recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 12 capsules in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use
store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, gelatin, glycerin, lecithin, mannitol, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, simethicone, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com
Distributed by: Bayer HealthCare LLC
P.O. Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07962-1910
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 20 Capsule Carton
See new warnings information
CONGESTION & COUGH
Nasal + Sinus Congestion
Headache + Pain
Phenylephrine HCl / Nasal decongestant
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide / Cough suppressant
Acetaminophen / Pain reliever-fever reducer
(Liquid Filled Capsules)