TRIXAICIN- capsicum oleoresin cream
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each gram)
Capsicum oleoresin (containing capsaicin 0.025%)
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains of muscles and joints associated with arthritis, simple backache, strains and sprains
- for use in treating neuralgias, consult a physician
Do not apply to wounds or to damaged or irritated skin.
When using this product
- you may experience a burning sensation which is normal and related to the way the product works. With regular use, this sensation generally disappears within several days.
- do not get it on mucous membranes, into eyes, or on contact lenses. If this occurs, rinse the affected area thoroughly with water.
- do not apply immediately before or after activities such as bathing, swimming, sun bathing, or strenuous exercise
- do not apply heat to the treated areas immediately before or after use
- do not tightly wrap or bandage the treated area
- avoid inhaling airborne material from dried residue. This can result in coughing, sneezing, tearing, throat or respiratory irritation.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- condition worsens or does not improve after regular use
- blistering occurs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing occurs
- severe burning persists
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- for persons under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before using
- apply a thin film of cream to the affected area and gently rub in until fully absorbed
- for optimum relief, apply 3 to 4 times daily
- best results typically occur after 2 to 4 weeks of continuous use
- unless treating hands, wash hands thoroughly with soap and water immediately after use
- if applying cream to hands, wait 30 minutes before washing hands
- store at room temperature
- Lot No. and Exp. Date: see crimp of tube or see box
- to open: Unscrew cap. Use pointed end on cap to puncture seal.
You may report serious side effects to: 130 Vintage Drive, Huntsville, AL 35811.
benzyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, diglycol stearate, glyceryl monostearate, isopropyl myristate, PEG-40 stearate, purified water, sorbitol solution, white petrolatum
Made in the USA for
Huntsville, AL 35811
Rev. 3/10 R3