Label: LOW DOSE ASPIRIN- aspirin tablet, chewable
- NDC Code(s): 0363-0397-07
- Packager: WALGREEN CO.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*Close
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctorClose
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- for at least 7 days after tonsillectomy or oral surgery unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- Other information
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- Inactive ingredients
cherry flavor, corn starch, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, D&C red #30 aluminum lake, dextrates, sodium saccharinClose
- Principal Display Panel
VALUE PACK (3 BOTTLES) x 36 = 108
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDEDǂ
CHEWABLE • LOW DOSE
81 mg / Pain Reliever (NSAID)
• For aspirin regimen users
(3 BOTTLES: 36 TABLETS PER BOTTLE)
Compare to Bayer® Chewable Low Dose Aspirin active ingredientǂǂ
ǂWalgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2010.
ǂǂThis product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Bayer® Chewable Low Dose Aspirin.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD. DEERFIELD, IL 60015
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
©2012 Walgreen Co.
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
LOW DOSE ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet, chewable
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0363-0397 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 81 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength D&C RED NO. 27 (UNII: 2LRS185U6K) D&C RED NO. 30 (UNII: 2S42T2808B) DEXTRATES (UNII: G263MI44RU) Product Characteristics Color PINK Score no score Shape ROUND Size 8mm Flavor CHERRY Imprint Code 44;397 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0363-0397-07 3 in 1 CARTON 1 36 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 09/04/2001 Labeler - WALGREEN CO. (008965063) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(0363-0397) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867894 MANUFACTURE(0363-0397)