Label: OXY MAXIMUM ACTION SPOT TREATMENT- benzoyl peroxide cream
- NDC Code(s): 10742-8301-1, 10742-8301-2
- Packager: The Mentholatum Company
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient
Benzoyl peroxide 10%Close
treats and helps prevent acneClose
For external use only
When using this product
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using this product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- Keep Out of Reach of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.Close
- clean skin thoroughly before applying this product
- cover entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with 1 application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
- Inactive Ingredients
anhydrous citric acid, butylene glycol, carbomer homopolymer, diazolidinyl urea, dimethicone, dimethyl isosorbide, edetate disodium, fragrance, glycerin, hydrolyzed soy protein, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-4/12 dimethicone, portulaca oleracea extract, propylene glycol, purified water, silica, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, xanthan gumClose
- Package/Label Principal Display Panel
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
OXY MAXIMUM ACTION SPOT TREATMENT
benzoyl peroxide cream
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:10742-8301 Route of Administration TOPICAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength BENZOYL PEROXIDE (UNII: W9WZN9A0GM) (BENZOYL PEROXIDE - UNII:W9WZN9A0GM) BENZOYL PEROXIDE 100 mg in 1 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) BUTYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 3XUS85K0RA) CARBOMER HOMOPOLYMER TYPE C (ALLYL PENTAERYTHRITOL CROSSLINKED) (UNII: 4Q93RCW27E) DIAZOLIDINYL UREA (UNII: H5RIZ3MPW4) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) DIMETHYL ISOSORBIDE (UNII: SA6A6V432S) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) SOY PROTEIN (UNII: R44IWB3RN5) IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE (UNII: 603P14DHEB) LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER (UNII: EX0F4CZ66H) PEG/PPG-4/12 DIMETHICONE (UNII: JAN3585W85) PURSLANE (UNII: M6S840WXG5) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SODIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: 55X04QC32I) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:10742-8301-1 1 in 1 CARTON 1 18.4 g in 1 TUBE 2 NDC:10742-8301-2 4 g in 1 POUCH Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part333D 01/15/2013 Labeler - The Mentholatum Company (002105757)