Label: LANSOPRAZOLE- lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
- NDC Code(s): 63941-019-14, 63941-019-42
- Packager: Best Choice (Valu Merchandisers Company)
- This is a repackaged label.
- Source NDC Code(s): 55648-140
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Lansoprazole 15 mgClose
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole.
Do not use
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Patients should use the lowest dose and shortest duration of this therapy.
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Other information
- read the directions, warnings and package insert before use
- keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- keep product out of high heat and humidity
- protect product from moisture
- Inactive ingredients
colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C red No. 33, D&C yellow No. 10, FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C red No. 40, gelatin, hypromellose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sucrose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxideClose
- Questions or comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM ESTClose
- Principal Display Panel
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT IN PREVACID® 24 HR*
Delayed-Release Capsules, 15 mg
- May take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
- Clinically Proven To Treat Frequent Heartburn
KEEP CARTON AND PACKAGE INSERT. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
TAMPER-EVIDENT BOTTLE. DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION” OR DARK BLUE TO BLACK GELATIN BAND AROUND THE CENTER OF EACH CAPSULE IS MISSING OR BROKEN.
KEEP OUTER CARTON AND PACKAGE INSERT. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
PROUDLY DISTRIBUTED BY:
VALU MERCHANDISERS, CO.
KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
Product of India
*Prevacid® 24 HR is a registered trademark of Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., and is used under license.Close
© 2012 Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
- Product Label
BEST CHOICE Lansoprazole Acid Reducer Capsule
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:63941-019(NDC:55648-140) Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength LANSOPRAZOLE (UNII: 0K5C5T2QPG) (LANSOPRAZOLE - UNII:0K5C5T2QPG) LANSOPRAZOLE 15 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength D&C RED NO. 33 (UNII: 9DBA0SBB0L) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GELATIN (UNII: 2G86QN327L) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) MAGNESIUM CARBONATE (UNII: 0E53J927NA) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) METHACRYLIC ACID - METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER (1:1) (UNII: 74G4R6TH13) Product Characteristics Color PINK, GREEN Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 16mm Flavor Imprint Code W140 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:63941-019-14 1 in 1 BOX 1 14 in 1 BOTTLE 2 NDC:63941-019-42 3 in 1 BOX 2 14 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA202727 04/30/2012 Labeler - Best Choice (Valu Merchandisers Company) (868703513) Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)