Label: WOMANS LAXATIVE- bisacodyl tablet
- NDC Code(s): 41163-115-09
- Packager: EQUALINE (SuperValu)
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each enteric coated tablet)
Bisacodyl USP 5 mgClose
- for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- abdominal pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
When using this product
- do not chew or crush tablets
- do not take this product within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- abdominal discomfort, faintness, and cramps may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you need to use more than 1 week
- rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement occurs after use of a laxative. These maybe signs of serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- each tablet works differently. Adults and children over 12 may need fewer tablets to get the same effect as more tablets of another brand
- start with one tablet and take with water. If one tablet does not produce the desired results, then try two or three tablets daily.
- do not take more than 3 tablets daily
adults and children 12 years of age and older take 1 to 3 tablets in a single dose once daily children 6 to under 12 years of age take 1 tablet once daily children under 6 years of age Ask a doctor
- Other information
- each tablet contains: calcium 15 mg
- store at 15o - 30o C (59o- 86o F)
- keep in a dry place
- Inactive ingredients
acacia, calcium sulfate anhydrous, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C Red # 7 Calcium lake, hypromellose pthalate, iron oxide, iron oxide black, iron oxide yellow, kaolin, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 400, povidone, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide, and triacetinClose
- Questions or Comments ?
Call toll free 1-877-932-7948Close
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to CORRECTOL® Tablets active ingredient*
Woman's Laxative Tablets
gentle, predictable, overnight relief from constipation
Bisacodyl USP 5 mg
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Schering- Plough, owner of the registered trademark Correctol®.
TAMPER EVIDENT- USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCTS INFORMATIONClose
- Product Label
Bisacodyl 5 mg usp pink tablets
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:41163-115 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength BISACODYL (UNII: 10X0709Y6I) (BISACODYL - UNII:10X0709Y6I) BISACODYL 5 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ACACIA (UNII: 5C5403N26O) CALCIUM SULFATE ANHYDROUS (UNII: E934B3V59H) CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) D&C RED NO. 7 (UNII: ECW0LZ41X8) HYPROMELLOSE PHTHALATE (24% PHTHALATE, 55 CST) (UNII: 87Y6436BKR) FERRIC OXIDE RED (UNII: 1K09F3G675) FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE (UNII: XM0M87F357) FERRIC OXIDE YELLOW (UNII: EX438O2MRT) KAOLIN (UNII: 24H4NWX5CO) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 (UNII: B697894SGQ) POVIDONES (UNII: FZ989GH94E) SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A CORN (UNII: AG9B65PV6B) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIACETIN (UNII: XHX3C3X673) Product Characteristics Color PINK Score no score Shape ROUND Size 11mm Flavor Imprint Code TCL057 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:41163-115-09 6 in 1 CARTON 1 15 in 1 BLISTER PACK Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part334 04/12/2013 Labeler - EQUALINE (SuperValu) (006961411) Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)