Label: HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH- acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine tablet
- NDC Code(s): 49738-184-10, 49738-184-20, 49738-184-50
- Packager: SMART SENSE (Kmart)
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
NOTE: Most over the counter (OTC) are not reviewed and approved by the FDA. However, they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID)*
Caffeine 65 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugClose
Pain reliever aidClose
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- a cold
- muscular aches
- premenstrual & menstrual cramps
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis. or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- any other drug, or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours; not more than 8 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Other information
- store at controlled room temperature 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)
- excursions permitted to 15ºC to 30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- Inactive ingredients
hypromellose, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, pregelatinized starch, silica, starch, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide, and triglyceridesClose
- Questions or comments?
Call toll free 1-800-842-7886Close
- Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredients of Excedrin® Extra Strength**
Acetaminophen, Aspirin (NSAID)* and Caffeine
Pain Reliever/Pain Reliever Aid
**This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis Consumer Health, owner of the registered trademark Excedrin® Extra Strength.
Distributed by: Kmart Corporation
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.Close
- Package Label
Smart Sense Extra Strength Headache Relief CapletsClose
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
HEADACHE RELIEF EXTRA STRENGTH
acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL Item Code (Source) NDC:49738-184 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (ACETAMINOPHEN) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg ASPIRIN (ASPIRIN) ASPIRIN 250 mg CAFFEINE (CAFFEINE) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength HYPROMELLOSES MALTODEXTRIN CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE POLYDEXTROSE POVIDONE K15 STARCH, CORN SILICON DIOXIDE STARCH, CORN STEARIC ACID TALC TITANIUM DIOXIDE C10-18 TRIGLYCERIDES Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 17mm Flavor Imprint Code 2793 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:49738-184-50 1 in 1 BOX 1 50 in 1 BOTTLE 2 NDC:49738-184-10 1 in 1 BOX 2 100 in 1 BOTTLE 3 NDC:49738-184-20 1 in 1 BOX 3 200 in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 06/19/2012 Labeler - SMART SENSE (Kmart) (008965873) Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)